
Wendy took this shot from shore as she passed me heading up the river. USA in the background. Click pic to enlarge.
I made the annual 26 nautical mile mile trip from Port Lambton up the St. Clair River to Sarnia/Point Edward in our Phoenix 38 on Wednesday. It was a cool 65 F, overcast, foggy and calm as glass. Leaving close to noon, I tied up in Slip 43 at around 2:30 pm. The Cats purred their way against the current at 1250 rpm (2 1/2 to 3 hours). Probably cost over $100. Why didn't I fill up last September? Dummy!!! Diesel now costs more than gasoline - go figure. Good thing they go further on a gallon.


It was a little cool and foggy but calm as glass as I motored up the river all by myself.

Picked up my eBay purchases at the UPS Store. (Is this getting out of hand?) eBay Addict! Maybe I need a bigger car or should I bring a trailer?
Thursday we crossed the Bluewater Bridge into USA and to my UPS Store in Port Huron, where we picked up a few eBay items. It pee's Wendy off because when I buy on eBay, she can't shop or we'll be over our (import) limit for zero tax. She says "This has got to end!"
.
I had to borrow everything to fix the dock from the kind barge owner next door.
Back at the condo I repaired a couple of rotten dock planks. The kind owner of the barge parked next to me loaned me the pry bar, hammer, and nails. He even cut the planks for me We earlier checked out the 'Habitat For Humanity Store' where I purchased a nice 2 x 6" dock plank for the princely sum of $1.


The huge Searay 52 was too long to fit at a regular dock. Very big boat!
They are constructing a new landing for a brand new 52 foot Searay two docks down from me. The owner of 'Final Purchase' IX is our neighbour Harold who owns the Lambton Ford car dealership. You should come down and buy a Ford to help Harold fill up.

Goose poop is everywhere. Worse than I've ever seen here before. But the little ones are cute.
.
The Phoenix looks a little yellow at its dock due to the golden morning sun.
Friday morning I pressure washed the dock ready for summer. Then we awoke the old Oldsmobile from its winter sleep and drove it back to London for the Steve Plunkett Show Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment