At 4am a tree branch weighs down the main power line to our house.
Click to expand the pictures.
Time exposure photos of a snowstorm in the night.
Snow in October is not completely unusual, but this year the leaves have stayed on the trees much longer than normal. Add a heavy snowfall and the huge weight on the branches can wreak havoc, Now, throw in some wind and lightning and you can guarantee that you’ll see lots of trees down. The problem is that they pull the electric power, telephone and cable lines down with them. Our house has two phone lines and as I type this at 5am one of the lines is dead. We have turned up the furnace a bit to have some reserve heat if it stops. Several branches have already fallen on our electric lines that go from the house to the pole on the street but my son Tim and I have managed to lift them down to relieve the strain on the wires. We have lots of reserve firewood and the gas stove will still cook a roast, so I guess we’re OK..
.
No comments:
Post a Comment