Bags of garden debris await the garbage man as this is ‘garden waste week’.
It's raining again, but the garden looks nice now CLICK PIC TO ENLARGENothing exciting going on here! With the weather hovering around the low 70° F mark, I have not been too motivated towards boating. The ‘Dog Days of Summer’ are officially here, but I’m going to say these days are real dogs. All month it has actually been warmer in Alaska than here. We drove home to London last Saturday and Wendy decided it would be a good time to get some needed yard work done. Our back garden was turning into a jungle with all the rainy weather of late.
Our good cruising friends are meeting up in Orillia on August 1st at John and Cheryl’s condo, so I decided it might be a good idea to take this ‘dog’ week to convert my little box trailer into a boat trailer so I can take the new dinghy with us next week. When I designed and built the utility box some six years ago, I made it so it could be removed quickly and other brackets and assemblies could be added to turn it into a small boat trailer. (although until now I’ve never done the conversion)








It might be fun to explore around on the waters of Lake Couchiching. Wendy has a Doctor appointment today at 3 pm so maybe we’ll head back to the condo this afternoon or tomorrow morning so I can finalize measurements to fit the dinghy to the trailer and load it on for the 200 mile ride to Orillia. My friend David is ‘batching it’ this week since Reenie is going with her sister Barb to Sault Saint Marie so he thought he might trailer his 24 foot Four Winns to Orillia and use it there with us, staying on his boat. Click here to go back to April 2008 and scroll down to see David's boat.
.
.
.
.

