Saturday, August 13, 2016

MullBain... The Hottest Summer I Can Remember

Good friends, good weather, and a great spot to meet... Wood Lake is about 20 miles east of Bracebridge. Our hosts John and Cheryl made sure it was one of the best highlights of our summer. We always have fun with them.



Before we left I spun up a big pork shoulder on the rotisserie. I cooked it for 7 hours in LOndon because I figured it would be so hot up north that we wouldn't want to heat up the cottage. I was right. We have had the most 80+ degree days that I can remember this year. What a summer!


Of course extreme heat always makes it possible to get a few thunderstorms but it couldn't put a damper on or fun.







We took an excursion drive a few miles to the Black River at Vankoughnet to visit the falls. The dry weather has reduced the river to a trickle compared to other pictures I have seen.




Above is an internet picture of these same falls, probably in the spring.


I couldn't believe it! Pete cast a rubber worm in and almost immediately reeled in a nice largemouth bass. Good going Pete.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment