Thursday, December 1, 2016

One of my old cars... 1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster

I thought you might like to see some old film snaps of one of my old cars. These pictures were taken by me with film and now enhanced in Photoshop.


The car was a real "head turner" and Wendy and I enjoyed taking runs across to USA and around the Sarnia area. I didn't have a top, just a tonneau cover, so all our drives were not far from home and confined to assuredly non-rainy days.


It sported a 350 cu in GM V8 engine with a supercharger. The exhaust pipes were "for show" as the engine had a conventional dual exhaust system. As a factory-built "replica car" it was new in 1981.


I think the deep red, almost maroon fenders and accents went nicely with the silver body. In fact when I Googled the car, I was unable to find one that looked as good as mine. IMHO!


 CLICK HERE to see other some other Auburns on Google image. My car was actually in a museum for a decade before I bought it.

Here's my final ownership document expiring 98/06/02, over 18 years ago. In the spring of that year I took it on a rented trailer behind my new Caddy Escalade to the big RM Toronto International Spring Classic Car Auction/Kruse International (now RM Sotheby's) At auction I received what I paid for it and it went, I believe, to a western buyer from Alberta or Saskatchewan. I wonder where it is now?

.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment