October I got pneumonia and was still recovering in November. Then December, and our cruise was cancelled due to Wendy having emergency eye surgery. Then Christmas. I don't even know where January and February went!
Still feeling the effects of the pneumonia bout, I'm lying low. With the threat of the ordinary flu and the coronavirus, with my lung situation, the respirologist strongly warned me to avoid getting sick. I just can't risk public eating/gathering places right now.
As of today (Sunday) our whole family has gone into isolation mode. We bought another freezer, stocked up on food and essentials and we plan to avoid all or at least most social contract outside until we see how this awful virus plays out. We even cancelled nonessential doctor and dentist appointments and are prepared to sequester ourselves this way for several weeks (even months).
I hope with all my heart, our drastic measures are proven to be unnecessary and the virus never materializes in North America. The next few days and weeks will tell. Hopefully with the warmer weather and the end of the flu season, the virus will fade out and we can venture outside again.
For now I caution all my friends to try to avoid gathering places and interaction with people until we all know where this terrible disease is going.
Wash your hands and hunker down. I can't afford to lose any of my friends!
.
.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment