Thursday, May 6, 2021

No Driving Required - Healthy Walk Local

The map below charts our course and where I clicked each picture below.

We didn't have to go very far to get to our 'Healthy Walk" this week. In fact it started as we stepped out the door of our house. 


I almost hate to admit it but... can you believe that in the 33 years or so that we've lived here, this is the first time I have ever explored this public trail? Picture taken on the map as #1.
 

You can tell by the path and the wear and tear, that there have been many many people who have have enjoyed the views before me. It doesn't feel like we're even in the city. Picture taken at #2 on the map.

Over a year on isolation with little exercise has definitely taken its toll on me as I huff and puff to keep up with Wendy. We definitely need to do more walking!

Our trek was only about a kilometer which really doesn't count as much of a 'Healthy Walk" but it certainly showed me that you don't have to drive all over town to find places of interest. The picture above is looking back west to our street in the distance. See the map #4.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment