Maybe, just maybe, he's smarter than he looks. Was it all just his vanity that made him call a snap election? Was he so enamored when he looked in the mirror that he thought all of Canada would rally to support him based on his own wonderful self? Were all his backroom mobsters and his buddy Gerald Butts on line and in full agreement with him on this drastic maneuver?
I'd like to think there was another reason. Maybe I'm just too wary of politicians to think that there must have been more driving this big decision. Is there a cat in some bag waiting to be let out and thrust upon us at the very last minute? Does Justin Trudeau and/or the Liberal puppeteers have some bombshell ticking away in the back room? Will they release some dirty political news in this last week that will positively ensure their victory on September 20th? Or maybe they have some well-thought-out plan that they have been waiting to show us that will forever change Canada for the good? Surprise me, please!
Maybe I am trying to give them credit for actually thinking ahead for once? Maybe I'm secretly hoping that all the politicians leading the world's democracies are smarter than they let on? I've always thought or at least hoped that governments only appeared stupid because we as Joe Public aren't privy to all the facts.
If it turns out that we ARE seeing the whole picture here; if their stupidity isn't somehow justified by soon-to-be released facts; and if the only thing our full-of-himself Prime Minister can really offer is his encouragement as a drama teacher, an actor, a puppet for the mob, buying votes with the CERB, then maybe we surely need a change.
I guess we'll find out next week... Maybe! But I'm not holding my breath. I've sealed my mail-in vote in its three envelopes like a Russian Doll, ready to drop it in the mail box Monday. (and BTW it's not for Justin Trudeau!)
.
.
.


No comments:
Post a Comment