Optometrists have withdrawn their services to people eligible for Ontario Health Insurance. Now, since I'm well into the over 65 sector, it's illegal for me to pay an eye doctor directly to have my eyes tested. It's "get it through OHIP or NO TEST".
Maybe, if Ontario taxpayers, through OHIP can't afford to fund eye care, it should just no longer be covered. This would allow the optometrists to be free to charge whatever they need to stay in business, like our dentists.
To deny eye care to those who need it most whilst you bicker would seem a little shortsighted don't you think?
I doubt my eye doctor or the gov. would like me taking my own test from USA but it certainly is an alternative if the bickering doesn't end soon. Scratches on my glasses are causing me eye strain and could be bad for my eyes. I sympathize with my optometrist but I'm bypassing our system and buying this $69 USD device and ordering new glasses from Zenni. We'll see, or should I say "I'll see". Hahaha.
.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment