A long laneway leads to the palatial estate.
A piano player led the sing-along of Christmas Carols. Norm's wife Kelly and their daughters by the piano.
In the theatre room, an "oyster shucker" does the hard work.
Norm used to work for me in marketing at Carroll Healthcare. His lovely daughters pose with him.
Jacques was my purchaser and still works at the nursing home division of Carroll Healthcare which is now owned by Invacare.
Seems like every room has a spread fit for a king.
An ice sculptured bowl keeps the shrimp cold.
Chris, the proud caterer came all the way from Brantford. Check his web page below. The dessert table beside him is exquisite.Carroll Healthcare Inc. was the name of my hospital bed company that Archie Leach and his partner Don Roussey bought from me back in 1996. In most of the subsequent years, Wendy and I have been invited to Archie's palatial home for a grand party. Although they sold the nursing home bed division, Archie and Don still retain the Carroll Hospital Group which manufactures high tech beds for hospitals, going head to head with some of the largest bed companies in the world. Carroll has beds in the Mayo Clinic in USA, and the UK has become a huge market. Just before I left, nearly thirteen years ago, we pioneered an extremely low bed called "the Solo". (because it goes so low - get it?) This was the impetus for a modern hospital bed that goes so low that if you fall out, you won't hurt yourself.
.
Through it all they kept my name and are now known world-wide as the "low bed" company. I remember Don saying, when he bought me out "We're going to make you famous." I replied "Yeah, but I'm going to make you rich!" I'm sure he was already rich, but I hope I made him "richer".
.
Archie still invites some of the original Carroll employees to his party, including Wendy and I for which I am eternally grateful.
Devlin's Country Bistro and Catering laid on the food. They came about 50 miles in a huge truck bringing all the decadent goodies and Chris's amazing staff.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment