Modern art or a new doorstop? Not pretty when it's your expensive electronic gadget.
Don't forget to bring your cameras and other LCD devices inside in the really cold weather. I don't know if a Garmin GPS could freeze and break, but I'm not taking the chance. I've brought it inside. Click here to look at last year's blog entry to see what happened to Erin's camera.
Whether you are using your camera in very cold weather or very hot, your camera can fog up when you go from one extreme to the other. This fog can obscure your images and is due to moisture condensing on the lens. In the worst case scenario the moisture can short out and damage the device's delicate circuitry. To prevent this from happening, I carry a zip lock bag with me. Place the camera inside the bag when you go from one temperature extreme to the other. The condensation will form harmlessly on the outside of the bag until the camera becomes acclimatized. I have used this method successfully when cruising in very hot, humid climates. The problem can arise when you leave a cool, air conditioned ship and head ashore for an excursion. Use the zip bag too, when getting in and out of an air conditioned car or bus. Until I figured this out, I lost quite a few good photos to moisture.
.
. In tough situations, ask yourself, "What would Curly do?"

No comments:
Post a Comment