Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Depletes Vitamins B and C

It hasn't been real bright around here. Fishing boat in Port Stanley Harbour. Click on the pic,

View out our back door in London
 .
The dull weather of January has my body craving for vitamins B and C which as everyone knows comes from Beer and Chicken wings.  Then of course there’s also a deficiency of the little known vitamin BS which always comes with Beer and Sunshine. In conjunction with my SAD Light Project, in the name of better health, and in an effort to maintain my sanity, Wendy and I headed out on or quest for ‘cut rate’ chicken wings. I scoured the Internet for specials on the tasty morsels.

I came up with an on-going Tuesday special at Crabby Joes Tap and Grill for 39¢ ea. (with a beer order.) The other special is conveniently held on Thursdays at Kelseys Bar where they offer wings at half price in celebration of their 30th Anniversary. These nicely spaced wing specials coincide with one of my favorite nice-weather spots - Stokes Bay in Sarnia, which offers half price wings on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well. We go there by dinghy usually. Also, in the summer, we enjoy the 'two for one' wing special at Dave's Clubhouse the outdoor deck at the Oakwood Golf Course in Grand Bend on Thursdays. So there we have it - Wing Specials in the drab days of winter, that co-ordinate nicely with my summer venues.

The wings at Crabby Joe's didn't seem really fresh. I doubt if I'll buy them again.

The wings at Crabby Joe's were not the greatest, maybe I'll try Kelsey's Thursday. Anyway, the draft beer was good and my body is beginning to come back in balance. Now I just need a tan!
.
Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps. Tiger Woods

.

No comments:

Post a Comment