Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tundra Swans Are Returning Late This Year.



One of several viewing towers overlook the ponds.
We took a drive to Aylmer to see the Tundra Swans as they migrate north. They usually are finished by now but I guess the cold weather systems have slowed their progress. There appeared to be a few hundred of the birds on the ponds but someone told us that yesterday there were over 3000. If you like, you can read an article from last year. They were late then too but the news clip was from early March and this year they are a full month later. CLICK HERE.



This guy looks like he got into some engine oil or some pollutant at one of his stops. It didn't seem to bother his appetite.


Wendy views the scene from the observation tower with her new binoculars.


The flapping of wings sends a signal to the other swans. I think he's saying "Keep away, I'm with her".
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment