Friday, November 27, 2015

Heading Back Home




We booked Southwest Air going down and Jet Blue coming home. Our plane leaves at noon so we have lots of time disembark the ship and get to the airport. I like the extra seat room in the Jet Blue planes  and the price was less than Southwest.  The American Thanksgiving (yesterday) is known to be the busiest time of the year for the airlines so we were lucky to get a cheap flight the day after, but I guess most everybody is already where they want to be.


Our last morning on the ship is always a sad event. You might notice I'm wearing black socks with my sandals, a violation of the cardinal rule of warm-weather fashion, and a definite sign of "old geezerism". Unfortunately the shoes I brought with me were new and gave me life-threatening blisters so all I have to wear back to reality are my sandals. I didn't think arriving in Buffalo in bare feet in late November would be too good either, hence the socks.

I'm really glad we took Wendy's car to Buffalo because when we got back home, my old Rendezvous would not start. The battery was flat. This is not something you want to deal with after a long plane ride in a parking lot at 4pm on Black Friday in a foreign country.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment