Monday, December 7, 2015

Nine Years Blogging. (since 2006; 1385 posts)


Here's my first post on this blog, nine years ago:

I figured this would be a great way for Wendy and I to share some of our events, news, pictures and travels with our closest friends. Rather than email that clogs up your mailbox, this blog allows you to visit, post replies, or do nothing. I still plan to use email to send specific notes or more private communications where applicable. I have elected not to make this blog public, but available to those who have the address. I hope this mild exclusivity will encourage more personally interesting interaction since the content and your responses are not broadcast to a worldwide audience. Stay tuned for updates. 

Since I started blogging Facebook came along and wiped out most people's blogs and a lot of email. I find the social media too public and invasive for both the writer and the reader so I elected to stick with my simple blog. I rarely visit Facebook because I feel it violates my privacy and, by design, broadcasts to the whole world, which I never sought to do. 

I enjoy the control I have over my very own blog. No one "writes on my wall" or "pokes" me. If your picture ends up here you can rest assured that it will be seen by only you and a few of my friends. If you ask me to remove it, it will be completely and permanently erased. My blog is there every day and serves as an inspiration and obligation to keep it going by the addition of interesting posts. I know all the people who read this blog (not very many) and like it that way. In this "virtual world" we live in I prefer to keep mine smaller.

Unlike a Facebook page, I take ownership in my 1385 posts. My blog was intended just for my friends and family and as a personal diary to myself. I enjoy a more personal commitment and hope you do too. Still going strong after 9 years so please check back often and THANKS for visiting. As the airlines say "We know you have many other choices..."

.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment