Friday, January 5, 2018

The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

I sent an email to our good friend Linda (from Grand Bend) wintering in Fort Myers telling her to "Enjoy the Florida heat! Looking at the Fort Myers weather it may seem cooler than usual there today, but just remember Canada. Attached, here's an "artsy" pic from the GBYC Webcam that I somewhat embellished for your pleasure." 


As you may know, I love this view from the lighthouse at the Grand Bend Yacht Club. I check it often and like to experiment with Photoshop expressions.

You can go to the actual web camera if you CLICK HERE.


When Grand Bend gets snow, we often get it too. This is because of streamers off Lake Huron, pick up moisture and deposit it in definite streaks. This area is known to be in a "snow belt" and quite often experiences greater precipitation amounts especially in winter. The warmer lake water evaporates into heavy clouds and the prevailing north west wind carries them right to London.

.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment