![]() |
| Click the map to enlarge it. |
We launched at Big Otter Creek Marina at noon. Temperatures in the high seventies meant "no jacket required".
I started a small collection of deer flies. Next time I'm bringing bug spray. These little buggers give a painful bite with blood, like a horsefly and can carry Lyme Disease. Not good!
Occasionally we had to speed up to outrun the deer flies. Watch this quick video to see some of the scenery streaming by.
Of course we slowed down to pass residences and boat docks etc.
This is the mid-point of of our cruise. Vienna Ontario.
Looks to me like the government has stopped it off "for our own protection"? Now I wonder what's behind the barricade. Ha ha.
One of the three highway bridges we passed under.
Wendy says it looks like Hillbilly country!
A view of the submarine brought here at great taxpayer expense six years age. Remember the blog entry CLICK HERE.
A nice old Mainship docked on the sea wall.
This could be the best way to make sure you catch fish. Buy some!
Our last stop before the drive home was the fish market to buy some fresh pickerel fillets for dinner.
After all the years I spent trying to catch fish, I now realize that it's almost as fun, and certainly for me, just as rewarding to buy the fish, fresh from the fishing boat. And nobody had to gut and clean the catch!
As the fish lady told us, pickerel (walleye) is one of the few fish you can enjoy with the "skin on". I agree, what a nice dinner!
.
.
.































No comments:
Post a Comment