Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fix An Old Dell

Erin got a new laptop computer because her old one became completely unreliable. The wire to the screen partially failed at the hinge point causing the screen to flicker off every time it was moved. Wendy inherited this old Dell and put up with the flaky screen for several months before I finally got to fixing it. 


Today was the day. The screen finally went right off so I found the tutorial on YouTube and plunged on. CLICK HERE if you are the least bit interested in the repair tutorial.


The whole computer had to be taken apart to reinstall a new wire harness that I had bought for a couple bucks from China a year or two ago and never got around to installing it.



Only one extra screw left over, but everything now seems to work as new. Good work Me!
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment