Monday, January 20, 2020

Ooops, We Lost!

"Two months and 881 entries later, with artwork coming in from every province AND territory, we are proud to announce the winner of our Catalogue Cover contest!
Kim Collins' "Rad Dad" beat out our other two semi-finalists and will grace our cover this coming March. "Rad Dad" really resonated with us: back in the 80s we didn't have cell phones, internet access, and hundreds of channels of TV to watch, so we all made our own fun! In Kim's case it was building a soap box racer and repairing a beloved red wagon with the help of dad (and the pets too, of course).
Congratulations Kim! And a huge thank you to everyone who entered. You didn't make it easy for us to pick a winner! Keep an eye on the comments below to find out who our other two semi-finalists were."


Above is the winner, congratulations!


First and second runner-ups. I like the one below.


Oh well, we'll never know what the actual criteria was to pick the winning entries. Looking over the winners I suspect it could have be a legal issue since I used actual photos. There might be a perception of copyright/permission problems with actual human models. Anyway, as I say, we'll never know, but certainly it was worth a try because I had a lot of fun doing my three entries. CLICK HERE or scroll down to see mine.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment