Saturday, November 26, 2022

An Interesting Experiment

London Ontario on Dundas Street Looking east from Ontario Savings And Loans (now Canada Trust which was founded here)

On Ebay I found this old post card from the 1930's or 40's. It has obviously been coloured from a black and white photograph. The 'artist' probably never visited London and with limited technology and time came up with the rather ugly product shown above.


I brought it into Photoshop and stripped out the colour.


I then submitted it on line to My Heritage and their robot recoloured the pic.As you can see above, the result was better.


So I ran it through the AI a second time and tweaked it a bit in Photoshop. Wow, what a difference. The robot has never been here either, but it did a much better job.  Don't throw any of your old pictures away. No matter how bad they look now, technology is finding ways to restore them to where you originally intended them to be.

Click any pic to enlarge.


How it looks now on Google Maps. Better? You decide. But there used to be a lot more people down town back then.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment