Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Fixed the Trellis Next Door

 You might remember that three years ago at the start of Covid, I repaired the trellis archway belonging to our nextdoor neighbour Gwyn. Well, since yesterday was such a wonderfully nice day, Wendy suggested I have another go at the straightening.

This time I used some black, plastic coated wire from an old chainlink fence and fastened the leaning trellis to the brick wall next to it.


Success! I got it standing up straight again with the minimum stress to the vines growing on  the aging wooden structure.


If you look real close, you can see the black wire running across the brick pillar to the right of the trellis. The ivy will soon hide the wire completely. Hopefully this will  last another few years. Wendy is coming to inspect the job. Looks pretty good, don't you think? I mean the trellis looks pretty good. Wendy always looks great.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment