Wednesday, January 16, 2008

With The Forthcoming US Election, I Couldn't Resist This:

Shhhhh ... I said - NO QUESTIONS!
A man walked into a cowboy bar and ordered a beer just as Bill Clinton came on the TV. After a few sips he looked up at the screen and mumbled, "Now there's the biggest horse's ass I've ever seen." Immediately, a customer at the end of the bar got up, walked over, decked him, and left. A few minutes later, the man was finishing his beer when Hillary Clinton appeared on the TV. "She's a horse's ass too," he said. A customer from the other end of the bar got up, walked over, and knocked him off his stool. "Damnit!" the man said, climbing back up to the bar. "This must be Clinton country!" "Nope," the bartender replied. "Horse country!"

I actually really enjoyed listening to Bill Clinton when he came to London at the John Labatt Centre a couple of years ago. He seemed a very clever person as is I'm sure, his wife Hillary. Of all the candidates likely to be President, Hillary may have the best insight into our Canadian situation through her husband's extensive travels in this country. (and he may still enjoy a good Cuban cigar!)

Obama is from Illinois and that's not too bad either since he may understand a bit about us up here in the north. Mitt Romney (a Republican) has a cottage in Grand Bend Ontario, so he has spent some time in our beautiful country and liked Canada enough to invest here.

Whatever the outcome, I hope they elect a President that is a little more savvy about the part we as Canadians play in the make up of the North American continent. A Texan, it would seem could never be very closely aligned with our views or be able to truly empathize with our needs. North America is ONE continent and I believe all it's citizens should be working together to make it better. Instead of putting up barracades between countries, we should all be working to protect the perimeter and partnering to promote the common good for everyone who lives here. Whether we like it or not, Mexico, USA and Canada are all on the same body of land. It's like we're all in the same boat together, so let's get along shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment