Since this cruise is really two 7 day cruises back-to-back, we are here in Fort Lauderdale for the second time. Unfortunately, we have to say goodbye to Holly and Barry since they got on a week before the rest of us. They have to get back to Canada for the family Christmas celebration next Saturday.
I thought a ride on the Jungle Queen would be fun. This is a $17ea. deal. Wendy and I were on the Jungle Queen a few years ago. It's a good way to see the lavish homes and sights of Fort Lauderdale. At the midpoint of the 3 hour tour, everyone gets off to see the alligator wrestling. (which I could miss) Since our ship gets in at 7am, we should have no trouble getting to the tour by 8:30 or 9 am to catch the 9:30 departure. That way, we are finished at noon with time to wander the beach and walk down to "the action" at Las Olas and 1A1 and still allow plenty of time to get back to the ship by4 or so. Click here to view the Jungle Queen.
The Jungle Queen We found a van and driver (Cecil from Jamaica) and all ten of us (Wendy and I, Pete and Donna, John and Cheryl, Chris and Deb, and Helen and Ann) headed over to the fishing dock next to the Bahia Mar Hotel to board the Jungle Queen as I had pre-arranged. There was obviously no need for reservations though, as there were lots of empty seats. Wendy and I did this cruise with Wendy’s brother Brad some 12 years ago when he had his sailing yacht the Corazon moored here at the Bahia Mar marina.
First house in Fort LauderdaleI forgot how much fun it was to glide past the 100 million dollar yachts and mansions, owned by such celebrities past and present such as Lee Majors, Sonny and Cher, Merv Griffin and on and on. At the half-way point we disembarked for a visit to the Jungle Queen’s own island where we saw caged birds, monkeys and alligators. (somewhat gross, but they seemed clean and well cared for) A young Seminole native and naturalist volunteer explained the “art” of alligator wrestling and showed us some amazing and daring handling techniques not to be tried at home!

Alligator wrestler at the mid-point of the tour. Actually very interesting.

The wrestler took this picture for me. I'm not stupid!
Sheriff's "No Tresspassing" signs on reposessed yachts. Lots of them!
Need a big yacht at a reposessed price? They are lined up to sell.Since the Queen got us back at 12:30 pm we had time to walk over to Las Olas and the Quarterdeck Restaurant for lunch and drinks. The chicken wings were noteworthy and Wendy and I shred two platters. I brought my tablet computer so we all used the free wireless internet to Skype home and check email.



