Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Been Quite Quiet Here. Is This Saturday Already?

It hit 86F here today.  That's hot for August it these parts. It's been quite a summer.
Here's what we did today:

Endeavor One: Wendy and I headed to US but we got half way across the bridge in the NEXUS lane and realized Wendy had no ID. She was very distraught since she had no idea where her wallet was. "This will be interesting!" I mused, as we zoomed past a few hundred cars to the front of the line.

Turns out there is a "dummies return lane" so no strip searches or rubber hose interrogation. We later found the wallet in the garage. She lost it when we cleaned out the car for the trip abroad. Oh well, next...

Endeavor Two: Take the dinghy over to Sarnia Bay Marina and watch the Sea Do races at Centennial Park. "Hey, nobody here!" Turns out we had the right day, wrong park.

Photo from Canadian Watercraft Association
Am I losing it or what? Wendy and I drove to Canatara Park with our lawn chairs and umbrella and watched the action on the beach in the shade of a cottonwood tree after buying fries under the bridge at Albert's.


It's a good day to enjoy a cool drink or two.

.
.
.