Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Driving Back From Sarnia To London

From way out on the highway I snapped an old farmhouse I've always admired. I "artified" it in Photoshop
I like the rugged beauty of the neglected house contrasted with the neatly cut lawn. I don't know if anyone lives in this house but the modern farm buildings to the left of the shot indicate that the farm is active.

Can you see the black cat I added? Click to enlarge.
I have been enjoying a new camera which has a Leica 20X zoom lens. My new Panasonic DMC-ZS20 is a small point-and-shoot which I wanted because I don't like lugging a big camera especially on vacation trips. I found I didn't get much use out of a my larger, full-sized old DMC-FZ20 camera in the past. This little gem fits in my pocket and is ready for action at a moment's notice. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities and allows me to get the shots I couldn't get with my DMC-FX9 or DMC-LX3. 

Here's the place on Google along the Confederation/Napperton Line between Sarnia and Strathroy.
You can see the more modern farm buildings to the left of the house.  A hefty zoom came in handy here. I got shots from several angles that I wouldn't have been able to get before without trespassing all over the property.



.
.
.