"From the Mundane to the Less Mundane with Everything In Between". Now in my 18th YEAR OF BLOGGING and still counting.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Happy Birthday Wendy
Today is Wendy's birthday so I've been trying to be good. (not always easy for me) This morning she went over to visit her best, good, lifetime friend Tricia so while she was out I seized the opportunity to string out the Christmas lights in the front yard. Right on cue a snow blizzard started and that really set the mood. I think she was very happy that I would take the initiative to do this chore, since usually I leave this creative endeavour to her.
Having a birthday a month before Christmas traditionally starts the season for us, much like the upcoming American Thanksgiving sets the festive pace in the USA. We started the yule time decorations even earlier this year due to the fact that we'd be leaving soon on our cruise and the usual lead-up days would be missed. After we returned from the farmers' market today, Wendy moved immediately to the back yard to put the finishing touches on her beautiful light display. With the snow still blowing and the temperature well below zero, she dressed the yard in Christmas lights.
And of course she's had her beautiful Christmas tree up for a couple of weeks now. What an amazing lady! I must say, my nighttime photos don't do justice to the wintery scenes.
.
.
.


