Sunday, November 10, 2013

The $3 Christmas/climbing Tree


Every year for the past five or so, Wendy and I have attended the I.O.D.E. (Imperial Order of the Daughters of the Empire) Bazaar.


"I spied with my little eye" a nice old, Popeye the sailor man style, telescoping spy glass for $2 and Wendy bought a big box of Christmas decorations and a 7 foot tall artificial tree with a $179. Sears tag on it for $3. We've always had a real tree because for one reason, I couldn't see forking out the big bucks for a phony one. That reason just evaporated so we'll see how it goes this year. Besides we are going away for most of the December lead-up to Christmas so this might be the best way to still have a tree for the festive season.


Dash loves anything new that comes into the house and was intrigued by this odd new scratching/climbing pole. There he is helping Wendy assemble the tree.


Oh Dash, get out of there...


Oh oh!


Dash!


I can see this year will be a challenge with the ornaments on the tree.


Cats LOVE Christmas!
.
.
.