Monday, June 8, 2015

Before/After Before/After

I've been working on my outdoor projects so most of my time has been taken up with that.  My son Tim and I finally finished the wall project and I continued to work on the stairs down to the pool house and re-bedded some sunken patio stones near the pool.  Of course with all the fine weather and showers lately you can almost see the lawn grass growing so it needs a weekly cut as well. It's been five years since the deck was painted so Wendy has been working on painting the railings and deck. Fortunately I bought 5 extra gallons of oil-based paint before it was discontinued some years ago. I don't know what we'll do next time. Might be time for plastic deck boards. Every day; even weekends, have been busy and now we are into June and the pool needs opening. April weather was so bad we got a late start. My back is sore and I'm beginning to feel like a low paid maintenance man.

BEFORE (Rotten and yielding to the gravel behind, this wall was past its useful lifetime)

AFTER (benches next)

BEFORE (Rotting timbers and everything sliding down)

AFTER (Salvaged some good timbers from the wall project) (Poolhouse roof next?)
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment