Friday, June 19, 2015

PROJECT: Deck Repaint. Exciting Stuff!


Having power washed the deck yesterday, we were ready to add a much-needed coat of paint/stain to the thirsty surface.


The handle of a fly-swatter in my electric drill made a good stirring device.


One of my most brilliant "think-aheads" was buying 5 gallons of the no longer available oil based paint - eight years ago!


Wendy brushes around the edges as I use an 18" wide applicator brush to cover the area. She had originally thought she would brush the whole deck until I convinced her that the applicator would be a lot easier.


The deck needed this repaint since the last time we painted was 8 years ago. Where does the time go? Although I always dread this chore, the job went pretty fast since there was no colour change and coverage was fairly quick.


The steps are always a  longer job. Good going Wendy. She uses the cardboard to protect the wall behind.


The most exciting part of this job is watching the paint dry. The deck always looks so huge with everything removed for painting.

.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment