Kristine sent me two pictures of the group (immediately above and below) so I merged them together to take advantage of the best smiles in each one. Half the people were in the shade so I had to try to equalize the colour balance between the two halves.
I removed the 2 beer cans on the lawn and the broom center. I debated whether to remove the white downspout and decided that it was probably a local landmark of sorts and left it in. I did take the liberty of sliding everybody closer together to the middle and this allowed me to make the picture fit into a 4 x 6 format. Unfortunately the original pictures were taken with a lower resolution older camera so there was nothing I could do to really increase the size.
The main reason Kristine sent me the picture in the first place was to see if I could insert Holly and Barry's grandchild Tucker into the scene since he was missing in the original. The sun cast a slightly different shadow since the pic must have been taken at a different time of day but it worked into the picture fairly well.
I tried putting Tucker up on the rock as in the addendum pic but decided he might need some company so I rearranged things a little, placing Tucker beside his Mom.
NOTE: You'll notice I added the broom back in. Kristine contacted me in the comments and explained its significance. My apologies for removing it.
Tim there was reason the broom was there. Nanna (Mabel) was "always sweeping" so we marked her final resting spot with a broom. thanks for sharing the photos and giving them life!
Kristine
.
.
.




Tim there was reason the broom was there. Nanna (Mabel) was "always sweeping" so we marked her final resting spot with a broom. thanks for sharing the photos and giving them life!
ReplyDeleteKristine
Broom restored! Great tribute!!!
ReplyDelete