![]() |
| "The Millstone Bar & Cafe" Somewhere USA. Click to enlarge. |
This "Redneck" bar exists only here, digitally (and in my mind). I hope they're right about Trump though. Must be celebrating the inauguration and "Make America Great Again" with "STRIPPERS all day Friday". The woman in the window looks a little distraught. She might do better at the Millstone Bar with a couple of ice cold beers.
Hey! I think I can hear music comin' from down at the bar... "Here's my lyrics to a hanky honker I writ just fer you":
The Millstone Bar Blues
Lyin' eyes, cryin' eyes.
Girl you kill me with them lyin' eyes.
The Millstone Bar, and all the millstone guys,
And no one buys your crummy lies and alibis
Hitch your wagon to a shinin' star,
There ain't no windows in the Millstone Bar
Where you're headin' you ain't goin' far.
Drown your troubles and lose who you are,
instrumental
Bobby's tire is flat and so's his spare,
Maybe soon he'll try to get it fixed somewhere.
All through life he's lived free as the God given air,
Hey. This guy's not really goin' anywhere.
So drink your beer with all the guys,
Then go face your husband with them cryin' eyes.
He loves you woman and he always tries,
To believe your stories and your silly lies.
instrumental
Lyin' eyes, cryin' eyes.
Babe you kill me with them lyin' eyes.
The Millstone Bar, and all the millstone guys,
And no one buys your crummy lies and alibis
Nobody believes you
Go home to your husband.
Get away from this Bar.
Lyrics by Tim Carroll 2017.
Saying: "A millstone around your neck"
Definition: A problem that you have all the time which prevents you from doing what you want
Note: A millstone is a large stone that is very heavy.
Saying: "Look through a millstone"
Definition: To have exceptional powers of perception. A millstone is opaque and thus is impossible to see through. "I knew she was a dishonest person the minute I met her. I can look through a millstone, you know".
My "artsy" pic is a composition of an abandoned general store in Napier Ontario (from Google Street View) combined with another general store I snapped in southern Kentucky or Virginia coal country back in 2011. Embellished with a few extra signs and some old cars and we have today's pic for your enjoyment.
Here's the "real thing". Dexter's Coal Country General Store. Some place off the beaten track from our drive through there in 2011.
If you ever thought you could write lyrics and sell them like a short story or script - think again. That's not how it's done in the music business. Read about how you can (and can't) get your song to market if you CLICK HERE.
.
.



No comments:
Post a Comment