Monday, March 18, 2019

New Bathroom Sink 2019

The sink in our main bathroom has been showing its age so we got a new one from Menard's in Port Huron.  Being an odd size of 17" x 49" we had to order it, and the price was better in USA.


With a putty knife I was able to un-glue the surface and sink ready for removal


You can see that the sink has recently developed unsightly cracks in the gelcoat.


 The old unit came out fairly easily after turning off the water and disconnecting all the pipes.



 The mirror silvering was damaged at the bottom so that would need to be addressed but I didn't want to take the huge mirror down. There was also wall damage as the old unit was slightly longer than the opening and the original installer didn't cut the vanity top, but recessed it into the wall.


I stripped of the faucet and water filter unit and remounted them since they were in good shape.


The old sink unit waits at the curb for the garbage man.

Here's a picture of the new sink, installed and ready to go. I used double-sided tape to adhere a trim-strip over the eroding mirror and caulked the wall, ready for paint.

Seven years ago I replaced a bathroom sink in the ensuite little 2-piece off our master bedroom. You can view that project CLICK HERE.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment