Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Google Maps Takes You There.

 I was sitting by the pool while Wendy had a swim. I was playing songs on Amazon Music and Sirius XM when a tune came on and an album cover flashed on my screen.

The scene looked somehow familiar. I was intrigued by the country southern look of a north east Tennessee junction in the road, like I'd been there before.

I looked up the intersection of the two highways and sure enough it was right on a route I took back from Gary and Ann's place several years ago. I can't, of course be sure I passed this same exact spot in the road, but when I looked at the 'Street View' there was no mistaking the location.

Google Street View
Morgan Wallen's album cover depicts his home town of Kyle's Ford and according to Wikipedia, he comes by it honestly. Wallen's have been here a long, long time.

Wikipedia tells us

Prior to any European settlement, a few Cherokee hunted along the Clinch River. Longhunter Elisha Wallen (born 1732) and his brother Joseph Wallen (born 1734) explored the area in 1762. Later in 1787, Joseph obtained a 640-acre land grant from the state of North Carolina (#401) for his service in the Revolutionary War.

You can go to the same spot I did on the map if you CLICK HERE

.



No comments:

Post a Comment