Just my imagination. I can dream can't I?
So I'm sitting here thinking what's the attraction of living in an idyllic spot in the mountains with a spectacular view? Even if Elon Musk could guarantee a perfect internet connection and Netflix for all. Even if we had enough acreage to sustain ourselves with heating firewood and self-sufficient food and water in our remote location. Even if we had a way of heating our swimming pool because we can't swim in our cold, beautiful, glacier-fed private lake providing us with drinkable water with a waterfall generating our electricity.
Even then, what would be the difference really? We already have a good, safe and reliable supply of heat, food, water and electricity, home entertainment options and internet. We have a heated (in the summer) pool, and the option to go for drives and change our scenery.
Even in our remote, imaginary mountain getaway we wouldn't likely see any other people for most of the time so with all the COVID restrictions we have blocking our social interaction here, the only real difference is the view. To address that problem, I created this composition which I will use to pacify my inner yearning to get away from it all. There really is no need to get away - it feels like we're already there!
My 'Artsy' pic for today is a composite of our back yard with mountains placed across the frozen lake (golf course). Mountains from AllMacWallpaper..
.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment