
Within an hour, we were on board the Phoenix, touring the area and enjoying snacks on the bridge. Today, Mike was acting helmsman. Mike has boated here in Sarnia on other boats before. Since Mike worked for General Motors Diesel for many years, he had some excellent tips on diesel maintenance pertaining to the Caterpillar engines. I never thought about algae control in my fuel although I knew it was of critical importance in southern climates. Mike pointed out that the engine room is hot and the fuel is circulated through the engine continuously, causing it to warm up. The warm diesel fuel can breed algae that can clog filters and stop you dead. I guess I’ve been lucky. An algaecide is now at the top of my list.
After the boat ride, we moved up to the condo for a nice BBQ steak dinner and more conversation. Where does the time go? Eleven-thirty and the end of a pleasant Sunday afternoon indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment