Cold and rainy today - Hurray! That means I don't have to work on the 'project'. The weekend was pretty cold, windy and rainy which actually provided a welcome break from my 'board work'.
Monday, the sun came out and it gave me a chance to turn all the boards on the lower steps and the landing. I know that by turning the them over I am just buying time, but I figure the day is coming when either ALL the boards will need to be done or the deck replaced, or both. But for now - What a difference! Click any pic to enlarge.
I've been reading on the net that if I put in new pressure treated boards I will have to wait a year before I can paint or stain them. It looks like by using the boards from the railings and pergola, I won't have to buy any new ones. I also read that if the boards are more than 6" from the earth (which they are up on the deck) I don't need to use pressure treated timber, so I feel better about using the plain spruce lumber for the deck expansion and I don't have much pressure treated lumber to dispose of. Soon as we get some warm dry days in a row I can get the stain going and wrap up this phase.
The boring bees seem to be somewhat happy in the board I leaned against the wall. Maybe I'll mount it somewhere semi-permanently so they can finish out the summer. After all, it was their home and I rained on their parade.
.
.
.
.
.
.



No comments:
Post a Comment