Earlier this month I described a hole in our roof shingles that allowed water to leak into the condo. Back in London , we noticed a water stain in the ceiling of the living room ceiling. Having had experience with the condo roof, I wasted no time in calling Todd who owns Byron Roofing and arranged to have new shingles installed on our roof. This roof, with so called "40 year asphalt shingles" only lasted about twelve years – the same as the condo. You can see that the shingles were heavily damaged and looked to be much, much older than twelve years. Todd ventured that the deterioration could have been due to insufficient venting of the attic space which allowed the shingles "to cook" in the intense sun on the south and east facing roof. Unfortunately, unlike at the condo, this time I have to pay for the whole job.
The boards under the old shingles looked to be "like new" and the workers could find no evidence of a leak. Good news, since I think the stain inside can be sealed and painted and no further action needs to be taken.
.
What a view from the top! It's a pity we don't have an upper story. Our son Tim suggested we add a turret to take advantage of the panorama.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment