"From the Mundane to the Less Mundane with Everything In Between". Now in my 18th YEAR OF BLOGGING and still counting.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Colouring Mitchell's Drug Store in Crossville Tennessee
Here's my latest Photoshop colouration rendering of an original 1936/37 b/w photograph of migrant "loafers" taken on Main Street in Crossville Tennessee by the U.S. government. I blew it up to 36 x 24 as another one of my posters to hang in Ann's Coca Cola Memorabilia room in their lovely home in Crossville TN.. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the old originals are not protected by copyright since they belong to the U.S. Gov. My new colourized version IS copyrighted and all rights are reserved. That means I could sell them if I wanted to. Maybe I can get Gary to merchandize them in Crossville. He goes to lots of auctions.
Here's the 8" x 12" black and white original titled "Men Loafing, Crossville Tennessee". You can see that I added some Coca Cola stuff to make it suitable for Ann's Coke room. I even handed out a few bottles of ice cold Coke for these thirsty looking dirty thirties "loafer" men.
And yes, there's still a Mitchell's Drug on Main Street nearly 75 years later. I "Googled" the drug store and here it is today. They even put out benches for today's loafers and Coca Cola signs in the window, just like my colourized mock-up. Wow, what a coincidence!
.
.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment