Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Weekend at the Condo Continues



 Sunday we decided to take the dinghy over to the other marina (Sarnia Bay Marina) and park it there for a few hours since there was a large (400 cars) Sarnia Street Machines antique car show happening at Centennial Park.




I have a real fascination with the "Rat Rods". Maybe because the restorative skill level appears to be a little lower. Something I can relate to.


"Old Horney" from Blenheim got lots of attention from young and old alike. In fact it seems, much to the chagrin of the vintage car owners (who undoubtedly spent much more on their restorations), the expensive cars garnered less interest than the novel Rat Rods.




After wandering through the show to the halfway point at the southern end, I usually like to stop at Mel's for fries before continuing on back.


We visited with my friend Glenn who had a stunning, British racing green, MGA sports car. Believe it or not I shoe-horned my way into this little car. Not good for my claustrophobia. Getting out was another problem.


 The rain held off, calling the weatherman's bluff, so we spent the rest of the afternoon putting around in the dinghy and visiting with a half a dozen or so different friends on their boats. Few boaters are going too far these days with the price of fuel. Then again it is only June so the real traveling time is just around the corner.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment