Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Opening the Pool


Our ducks returned to enjoy the nutrient rich water covering the pool cover. I wonder what they think of a salt water pool? "Thith water ith making me thirsty - thit!"


We can't tell if these are the same ducks as last year but Wendy figures maybe one of them could be one of the ones that were born here in past seasons.


Monday. Remove the cover and hook everything back up.


Tuesday. Start the pump and vacuum up the slime


Tuesday afternoon we added 3 bags of salt and started the salt water chlorinator.



Wednesday I added the balancing chemicals - stabilizer, calcium, sodium bicarbonate etc.


Every year I say the same thing. "Look how fast the water changes from emerald green to crystal clear."
.
.
.

1 comment:

  1. Mallards live 7 to 9 years...it's probably the same couple every year.

    ReplyDelete