Four More Artsy Pics
I always love old machinery, especially when it is in stark contrast with natural settings. The rusted old railway swing-bridge in the "Narrows" which is probably looked on by some as an eyesore, hearkens back to a bygone era and (to me) stands as a symbol of how futile and temporary mans assault on nature really is. I'm sure in a few years all traces of this artifact and ones like it will be gone forever. There is no permanence in the world. In our warped attempt to preserve some monuments to history, society considers other fine examples as just junk. Who makes the decision? Click on a picture to enjoy a larger view.
All man-made items, no matter how well built, eventually crumble away. In the big picture, historians, collectors and preservationists only minutely slow down the process. I figure in a hundred years, it's possible someone might still enjoy viewing my images that few others bother to capture. Wow, what a statement of self-importance that is! Ha ha.
.
.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment