Lake Erie fishing boats line the banks of Kettle Creek. I whipped up a quick watercolour. You can click on it to see how it looks on textured paper. The low point-of-view shot from the middle of the creek is possible only by boat.
On Monday the weather was so accommodating Wendy and I decided to go for a ride again in our smaller yacht. This time I aimed for Port Stanley, a little fishing village about 20 miles south of our home in London, Ontario. There was no wind and the air temperature was 77F as we launched the dinghy off the trailer at Stan's Marina. These are the kinds of trips one can make with a smaller boat. Of the many dozens of times we've been to Port Stanley Wendy and I agreed, we've never been out in a boat. Perfect!
This is a fishing shanty near the marina. Click the pic to enlarge.
After we left Kettle Creek and the harbour, we toured out along the shoreline of Lake Erie past the bluffs and Hawk's Cliff to just past the water intake station. The water was so calm we spent some time just putting along beside the rugged bluffs.
Look at the trees that rode down the cliff on the land slide and are still standing upright.
Did you notice the two people at the top?
Then we headed back past the mouth of the creek and past the Main Beach. The water was like glass, which is very rare for the late afternoon.
Not many people on the Main Beach but Mackies was open for french fries. None for us though, we're dieting I think.
Another fine day on the water. I hear it's going to be a scorcher of a summer, so we'll do this again some time.
.
.
.










