Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Boat Ride(s) This Season

Glenn and Dianne
On Friday afternoon, while walking back from the visitor parking after saying our goodbyes to Jim, Judy, Greg and Tricia, our condo friend Glenn spotted Wendy and I and graciously invited us to go for a ride in their boat with him and his wife Dianne. One of Glenn's 3 boats is a sporty little Regal bow-rider, (also a kayak and an express cruiser).  You may recall last month I posted a picture of Glenn's old MGA sports car at the Antique Car Show in Centennial Park.

With the temperatures still soaring into the nineties Fahrenheit on shore, a run out onto the lake and back was a very welcome and cooling treat. Glenn insisted we return Saturday morning to go for a spin in his 34ft. Cruiser's Inc express.  Of course I happily agreed.
 

Wendy watches where we've been.
Wendy and I boarded Glenn's larger 34' Cruiser's Express around 9:30 AM Saturday and spent some time putting this lovely boat through its paces on the river and out on the lake. Thanks again Glenn!

Approaching the Bluewater Bridge at good speed.

Two nice rides in two days, our first this season (other than our little dingy). How much better could it get?
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment