"From the Mundane to the Less Mundane with Everything In Between". Now in my 18th YEAR OF BLOGGING and still counting.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
A Panoramic Experiment
I was looking out the window at the beautiful snow and decided to try a panorama shot. I took two pictures, overlapping at the pool house and stitched them together using the "photomerge" feature found in Photoshop. The amazing thing is you can't even tell where the two pictures were joined together. Click on the picture to see the whole thing.
They were hand-held shots with no great care taken to ensure a correct alignment. Usually, if I am stitching two pictures together myself, I would at least mount the camera on a tripod and pan carefully. The computer program is so intuitive it can adjust for these incongruities and produce a perfect end result. It also adjusts the lighting so there is no seam.
Our son Tim suggested we do a 360 degree panorama from the roof-top. That's a great idea and I will do that but not today. There is a foot of snow on the roof peaks and this is the coldest day so far this year at -17 C.
.
.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment