"From the Mundane to the Less Mundane with Everything In Between". Now in my 18th YEAR OF BLOGGING and still counting.
Saturday, October 6, 2012
A Port Stanley Project
This is an old postcard from 100 years ago. Back then Port Stanley was 'the place to be' in the summertime. As they used to say... 'The bee's knees' or 'The cat's meow'. I remember some of the old casinos around the countryside. My buddies and I used to drive fair distances to go to dances at these amazing spots. Most of them burned down or were demolished. I thought it might be nice to embellish this card into a Photoshop 'watercolor' and present it with my Port Stanley portfolio to see if I can make a buck from it. Click on it to enlarge it. What do you think?
I added some real estate, air and water around the edges for a less crowded look. For foreground interest I also added another post in the water with my favorite gull on top. I placed the original title up in the left corner to maintain the post card feel. I'll blow it up to 18 x 12 and frame it with a mat.
.
.
.

