![]() |
| Volume traded (green=up trend, red= down trend) Notice strong trading volume now compared to before the peak. |
The chart above shows the incredible spike in the price of Bitcoins last week. At one point they touched $266. Lately they have relaxed back closer to the ongoing upward trend of the virtual currency. I wish I had a crystal ball on this one.
Don't mortgage the farm to buy them. They are HIGHLY risky but the upward potential is theoretically enormous. There will never be more than 21,000,000 ever made so if you own even just one, you might someday be the 21 millionth richest person in the world. That's if Bitcoin became the new world currency.
There is presently over a billion dollars (and growing fast) riding on this roller-coaster. Right now this seems like the stuff of a science fiction movie but I guess while they are under $100 ea. they are no more dangerous than a lottery ticket. Oh, how I wish I'd bought a a few thousand Bitcoins when they were only $2 to $5 ea.
.
.
.
