 |
| Above picture shows our condos with pressure-washed cedar shakes. When they age and grey down in a few months a sealer will be applied. |
We drove to Point Edward on Saturday morning. We hadn't been there for quite a while (February) and needed to check things out. Also, this is the time when many of our condo neighbours are returning from Florida and other points south. I knew Gary and Ann were here from Tennessee to close a real estate transaction so we invited them over for dinner. George and Judy were also back from Haines City Florida so we invited them too. Wendy and I drove over to USA just before noon, returning with a bounty of treats with a party in mind. Wendy did a magical job of composing a wonderful meal with a pork loin spinning on the rotisserie, complete with salads and desert. Judy brought her world famous cookies. Everybody arrived around 4:30 or 5.
 |
| Click the pic for an "artsy" view. Picture taken around noon "the morning after." |
I can honestly say, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as George and Gary sparred for the "best" story and the rest of us contributed to the general foray. It was just one of those nights when everybody was "on" and we all laughed ourselves to tears. The night ended early enough around 10:30 pm but it was perfect because I think everybody had a fine time. The next morning I visited our guests' condos and I noticed everybody (especially me) was hoarse from last night's vocal strain. Gary said "Good thing it didn't go too late or the other neighbours would have been banging on the walls." We were making no effort to be quiet!
We departed around noon and took the "back way" home to London. A great visit with great friends.
.
.
.