Sunday, August 18, 2013

Floating Down The River On A Sunday Afternoon.


With the big Port Huron Float Down set to commence at 1 pm, there were hundreds of eager floaters waiting for the starting gun. The area was "crawling with cops" as I guessed at over fifteen various police boats, seadoos and a helicopter.


Up on the lake by the Point Edward lighthouse I spoke with some young people who were intent on creating the Canadian version of the Float Down.


.You may recall that Erin and Andrew embarked on their own Canadian event last year. You can CLICK HERE to go back to that blog entry.



Even the freighters had to wait at anchor 5 miles off shore.



Wendy and I left to go up to Grand Bend so we didn't get to watch this group go down the river but we later met them at Stokes Bay Restaurant. Wendy and I went there via our "Wing Dinghy". They said they had a great time and although greeted twice by the authorities, they were not hassled like Erin and Andrew were last year.  Maybe this will lead to a larger, concurrent US/CDN Float Down next year.



As usual, the wings were excellent, even if they weren't on sale today.


Video found on You Tube taken from Port Huron at Vantage point
.
.
.