Sunday, August 18, 2013

Visiting Linda

We took a drive up to Grand Bend to visit our friend Linda and deliver 3 new burners for her gas grill. She had emailed me that the burners in her BBQ were shot. I found the new burners at Home Depot in USA for $15 ea. (a saving of $55 ea. over CDN price)


 Upon examination of said grill we determined that the burners were not too bad, but the heat plates were rusty and one completely gone so we decided to delay replacement until next year or as required. If corrosion causes the grill itself to crumble, new burners won't help. In the mean time I'll return the burners and keep an eye open for for some new heat plates. Mostly we enjoyed an excuse to visit Linda up around the Bend.



Linda is a skilled and gifted artist and she has a hobby of painting beautifully intricate images on things like Muskoka lawn chairs and antiques. Her work adorns articles and furniture over a large area scattered around Southern Ontario.


She showed us her most recent project. A child's table and chair set. The "fairy" theme was selected by the little girl client herself.



Linda's artistic ability is also reflected many times around her beautiful lakeside home and as shown here in her creatively dramatic patio garden arrangement.



Click to enlarge
 Here's an "Artsy" pic I did. Notice I removed the light cords from the view.
.
.
.