Sunday, December 24, 2006


MERRY CHRISTMAS....

Christmas has become so "politically correct" that no mention of Christmas is made by many retailers. We now wish people "Happy Holidays."


Don't you miss the Old Fashioned Christmas when everyone wished each other "Merry Christmas"? I mean, I can still wish "Happy Hanukkah" where it is appropriate can't I?


I'm not particularly religious, but Christmas as we used to know it, has been around for a long time. It is for some, one of the few times of the year when one is reminded of the principles of Jesus Christ: Peace and Goodwill towards men. The world can use a little peace and goodwill! If for no other reason than that, we need to keep the tradition going.


This year I will be making a conscious effort to wish everyone Merry Christmas...my way of saying that I am celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.


In my own small way, maybe I can help prevent one more tradition from being lost in the sea of "Political Correctness."


"Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah," or "Happy Kwanzaa" All these seasonal greetings express a wish of goodness and happiness. How could any of them be wrong? I respect the right of every person, regardless of religious affiliation to celebrate in their own way.


So there! That’s enough of my rambling.


Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And please accept it in the spirit of Goodwill in which it was intended.


Tim

1 comment:

  1. Here, Here, Tim!
    In stark contrast to the "politically correct" movement, of which my employer is front and centre, Virginia and I hope you, Wendy, and your respective families had a very Merry, Joyous and Peaceful Christmas, and the New Year brings you health and happiness (everything else will flow from that).

    ReplyDelete